Sunday 1 February 2015

Knitting on the radio

There are many things in life that I enjoy but two of them are BBC Radio 4 and knitting. So imagine my amazement when I stumbled across a section of the BBC website dedicated to knitting and Radio 4!

Not only does it feature a list of ten reasons why knitting is good for you, but it showcases some amazing knits from listeners. Apparently, a call went out for people to knit the Radio 4 schedule. And, oh my goodness, they did! From Farming Today through to the Shipping Forecast I urge you to take a look.

There are also links to radio programmes that celebrate knitting and even some free patterns: the official Woman's Hour tea cosy; and a Today Programme jumper.

What's not to love. Thank you BBC!

Meanwhile, I'm knitting a scarf for a colleague as I watch the Australian Open Men's Tennis Final. What a good way to spend a Sunday when it is bitterly cold outside!

No comments:

Post a Comment