Saturday 24 January 2015

A Kid in a Sweet Shop

Fabric shopping can be a serious business. This week I took it to the extreme, using a day's annual leave and crossing many counties in the search for material. Actually, it was really a girls' day out but let's not get too diverted from the fact that I got to spend about an hour or so in a big warehouse of a shop surrounded by gorgeous fabrics. I was like a kid in a sweet shop. Well, for the fabric-lovers out there, what do you think?

This represents only about a third of the stock

Welcome to the Christmas section!

I have been once before and was, initially, totally overwhelmed before getting a bit carried away. On that occasion I came out with fabric for three summer skirts and a whole pile of fabrics for countless other unknown projects, many of which have come to fruition.

So what and where is this fabric emporium? May I introduce you to Hansons in Sturminster Newton. And they don't just sell fabric. They have everything for knitting and crochet and some paper crafts too. It may be rare that you are in the neighbourhood but I highly recommend a visit if you are.

This time I went with a strict list but that swiftly got ignored! However, I think I was fairly restrained and came away with six 'fat quarters' of fabric that will be incorporated into a couple of appliqué blankets.

For a blue blanket

For a grey and coral blanket
Both blankets are presents and the blue one needs to be ready in a few weeks so hopefully I can share it with you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment