Saturday 21 February 2015

Get Creative

I've often written here how much I enjoy getting creative, using it to relax and recharge but also to give a great sense of achievement, even to ensure I have a present to give someone without having to go shopping. I also think there is something wonderful about the hand made and the one-off, especially when we are surrounded by so much that is mass-produced.

Many may say that they are not creative but I beg to differ and am delighted to see that the BBC launched a new year-long campaign this week called Get Creative. It's all about highlighting the creativity that happens throughout the UK on a daily basis and celebrates art in all forms.

If you are feeling in need of inspiration then do check it out - from watching Johnny Vegas make a tea pot in 60 seconds to the VanGoYourself campaign which challenges you to recreate a famous painting, or the more practical info on finding local courses where you can learn new skills or perfect your creative talent. And don't say you don't have any creative talent because you do - you are human!

My week has been seen me complete yet another appliqué blanket, this time for a friend who saw the first cot blanket I made and declared that she was tempted to have another baby so that she could have it. I thought that a little extreme so have made her a blanket in her signature colours of red, white and blue so she can cosy up under it on the sofa.




I'm also knitting a scarf for a colleague but ran out of wool. Today has, therefore, seen me out on a shopping expedition, not only for more wool but for materials for three more blankets - yes, it's almost becoming a production line! Anyway, the shopping was pretty successful and I'm itching to get started. Mind you, the knitting ought to be my priority or it will be soon be too warm for this scarf to be worn!



No comments:

Post a Comment