Sunday 28 December 2014

Thank you!

I do love the lull between Christmas and New Year. The shopping and cooking is over and I'm afforded the luxury of forgetting all about work for at least a week in the safe knowledge that no one else is working or, most importantly, sending me emails! Instead, I can turn my mind to thinking about new creative projects for the year ahead and enjoying presents I have been lucky enough to receive. And, of course, thanking the people who gave me the presents.

Today I finally had the time to assemble a birthday present I received last month - a set of Scrabble piece rubber stamps. What better than to combine creativity with a favourite game! The box contained the labelled wooden blocks, rubber stamps with self-adhesive backing, and mini red and black ink blocks.

The first task was to fix each rubber stamp to the correct wooden block, making sure it was the right way around - not exactly taxing, so perfect for a lazy Sunday! I then set about working out a few appropriate words that fitted together, Scrabble-style. The set also includes the star from the centre of the board as well as the double and triple letter and word score markings. Moments later I had created a few cards, exploring spacing and testing out the results. Nothing earth shattering but hopefully the family members who gave me the stamp set will appreciate getting a thank you card for their Christmas present made using the stamps.


And to you...


...for reading.

I look forward to sharing lots more creative projects with you in 2015.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment