Sunday 25 February 2018

Sauerkraut update

You may be wondering how the sauerkraut turned out.

Well, it did bubble out of the jar as it fermented so it swiftly got moved out of the cupboard to a dark spot where I could keep a close eye on it. However, the fermenting - or at least the frothing at the lid - stopped after about a week and I eventually moved the jar to the fridge.

By the end of last week I had plucked up enough courage to give it a taste which resulted in my running out to buy some sausages...



In case you can't work it out, the sauerkraut is at the bottom left-hand corner of the plate (top left being some mashed potatoes with leeks).

Not only have I lived to tell the tale but I am looking forward to the next portion.  And the next.... and the next..... (since I do have a litre of the stuff to eat!) Obviously, the photo is just a serving suggestion but if anyone has any others, please let me know.




No comments:

Post a Comment