Saturday 19 March 2016

Chilli Jam

So much for me spending this weekend finishing the crochet project that I began last weekend. Let's just say I became somewhat distracted by a bowl of chillies.

We are lucky enough at work to have a fruit and veg stall, half of which is set aside selling bowlfuls of things for £1. Whenever I pass by I always look to see if there's anything interesting on offer and this week a £1 bowl of hot, red chillies took my fancy. I paired it with a similar bowl of sweet red peppers, picked up a kilo of jam sugar on my way home and then dug out a bottle of cider vinegar. After completing my regular Saturday chores, time has rather slipped by this afternoon as I combined the aforementioned ingredients under the instruction of Nigella Lawson.

I've not picked up my crochet hook yet but I do have 5 very pretty jars of Chilli Jam waiting on the side to cool.


Meanwhile, the spare chilli and peppers have been diced and thrown into a vegetable chilli that is now in the oven, so at least there will be dinner.

Fortunately, the crochet project, which is for a baby with a due date of tomorrow, did make some progress in the week so all is not entirely lost. However, I am secretly hoping the aforementioned baby will be a little late in making his/her first appearance to give me a bit more time. I'll just have to make sure I don't get distracted by anything else!

No comments:

Post a Comment