Saturday 25 April 2015

A Couple of Blankets for a New Couple

Today my friends are getting married and next week will be heading off for a five-week honeymoon to Spain and France in their newly converted camper van. I couldn't let them go empty-handed so I've made them each a blanket and a hot water bottle cover.

Now, I know what you may be thinking, a honeymoon is supposed to be a romantic holiday and should not require blankets and hot water bottles! They are also heading south, and France and Spain in April and May should be nice and warm. However, hot weather is certainly not guaranteed and however hot it is during the day, clear skies at night can be cool. Surely it's far more romantic to be sitting out under a cosy blanket with a glass of something and admiring the stars than cooped up inside feeling a little on the cool side of comfortable? And if it's that hot, the blankets can always be sat on rather than under! Besides, if the blankets don't get used in on this trip, I'm sure they will come in handy for camping adventures closer to home.

Anyway, having confirmed their favourite colours - orange, and yellow or green - I've been busy sewing. In fact, I've already featured the hot water bottle covers which I made at craft club in March. I decided to risk featuring them in the blog believing that my friends would be far to busy planning a wedding and honeymoon to be keeping a regular eye on my web ramblings.

I'm now pleased to be able to share the finished blankets.









Better dash - I've got a wedding to go to!

No comments:

Post a Comment