Thursday 9 October 2014

The C Word

I know it's only October but I have to admit that I've started getting ready for Christmas. Actually - big admission here - I started in January!

I personally think that it's the perfect time to start since I'm already feeling festive and have had an overload of Christmas ideas that I'm just itching to make real. Obviously, by February I'm completely fed-up with the whole thing and put everything into a bag in the projects cupboard. However, by the autumn when journalists start talking about how many shopping days there are until Christmas, I can just pull out the bag and continue where I left off. And so, Christmas project number one is now complete and some may not be surprised to see that it is bird-themed (since most of my projects this year seem to feature these feathered creatures).

I am not very good at sitting and doing nothing. Even 'just' watching television is not enough so I have spent many a calm hour sitting on the sofa sewing felt doves and robins and here are some of the results.





The plan is to get (make?) some parcel labels to attach that will turn them into Christmas greetings that can also be hung on the Christmas tree or mantelpiece and, hopefully, kept for years and years. I just hope the recipients enjoy looking at them as much as I enjoyed making them.

I just now need to work out what Christmas project number two is going to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment